The Kendama is made up of the “ken” means handle and the “tama” means the ball, which is connected by a string.
This game looks very simple and easy, but it could be very difficult, it requires a lot of practice and creativity, it also strengthens hand eye coordination, balance and reflex.
There are many tricks can be done with this Kendama game such as the following:
1. Around the Block: Big cup-tower-little cup-spike
2. Around the World: big cup-little cup-tower-spike
3. Slip on Spike: crossbar to sliding spike
4. Earth Spin: spike to flip back on spike
5. Around Japan: big cup-little cup- spike
6. Around The Universe: big cup-spike-little cup-spike-tower-spike
7. Around U.S.A: big cup-spike-Earth spin-little cup-spike-Earth spin-tower-spike-Earth spin
8. Bird: balance ball between spike and cup
9. Under Bird: balance ball between cup and tower
10. Lighthouse: balance tower on ball
11. Airplane: swing ken to land spike while holding the ball
12. Cooper Spike: Pull up ball to stab down spike
13. Dike on a Rope: Big cup, swing kendama over head while keeping the ball in the cup.
14. Moon Walk to spike: Spin string on hand, grab tower, spike
15. Over The Valley: Bird, Nightingale